The State Bank of India or SBI recruits Circle Based Officers or CBOs in all offices of SBI across the country. All selected candidates acquire a position on the Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMSG-I). Six months after the start of the probationary period, the candidate’s performance assessments will help determine the prospects for advancement to positions with greater levels of authority. The candidate can potentially move to the Senior Management Grade Scale-IV (SMGS-IV) level of responsibility.
As SBI CBOs, the selected officers will be assigned to the general cadre and will be subject to the promotion process that is in effect for general cadre officers at the SBI. The selected candidates will not be eligible for inner-circle transfer until they are promoted to SMGS-IV Grade or until they complete 12 years of service, whichever comes first.
SBI CBO Promotion Prospects
- The selected individuals will be placed on probation for six months following their appointment as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs).
- Their performance during and after probation will determine whether they have made a positive contribution to the organization’s growth.
- Candidates will begin working as JMSG-1 after successfully completing their probationary period per bank regulations.
- If a candidate fails to meet the organization’s requirements, the organization may extend their probationary period or terminate their employment, depending on the latest policy.
- Any selected applicants will not be permitted to transfer within the inner circle until they have been promoted to SMGS-IV Grade or have completed 12 years of service, whichever comes first.
- The candidates selected for inner-circle transfers will not be authorized to move until they receive the promotion to SMGS-IV Grade (or until they have completed 12 years of service, whichever comes first).
SBI CBO Salary in Hand
- SBI CBO salary is approximately Rs. 43,000-46,000 per month, which includes all perks and other benefits.
- Deductions from the gross salary follow the norms of the banking community in which the employee works.
- The candidates’ take-home pay will almost certainly be the same as an SBI PO. When considering joining SBI as CBO, consider that this role is an excellent opportunity for private bank employees and government employees to serve in the organization.
SBI CBO Perks and Other Benefits
As a part of his compensation, a CBO also enjoys the benefit of several perks and perquisites, including travel allowance, medical allowance, CCA, Dearness Allowance, housing rent allowance, and other benefits, which the State Bank of India determines. Officers are also eligible for:
- System of pensions/New System of Pensions
- LTC or Long Term Care (Leave Travel Concession)
- Home Concession on travel/concession on departure fare
- Concessional interest rates are available for mortgages, automobile loans, and personal loans.
Are you convinced yet? If you are determined to take up an SBI CBO post, join BYJU’s Exam Prep. Here, you can avail the best training for the SBI CBO post and enhance your skills and knowledge to achieve the best results and subsequent career growth.
BYJU’s Exam Prep is the perfect way for candidates to stay up-to-date on the demands of the industry and attain the goals that will help them make progress in their careers. So, if you are looking for the next step in your career, visit BYJU’s Exam Prep today and learn everything there is to know about the SBI CPO role and other such positions.